Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /sites/thebookofshadows.net/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 922

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New to this stuff and would like some advice
whiteboy1t-
wo3
Newcrafter
whiteboy1two3

Male
Atheist

Ranking
# 79
details

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

Post New to this stuff and would like some advice
on: October 9, 2012, 00:31

So I've recently been introduced to paganism and I'm interested in becoming a pagan or something along those lines. I was wondering if any of you could help me out?

Merrie-
SummerMoon
Wordcaster
Merrie SummerMoon

Female
Wicca

Ranking
# 1
details
BEST OF THE BEST

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

Post Re: New to this stuff and would like some advice
on: October 11, 2012, 18:16

Hi, Whiteboy1two3! Welcome!

Have you done any reading on Wicca, Voodoo, etc. to see if any of the belief systems suit you best?

Back about 15 or so years ago I had a Wiccan friend who loaned me some of his books and it initially sparked my interest, but at the time, I was still absolutely petrified of straying too far from my Christian upbringing. (All those threats of anything but Christianity sending me to hell were kind of hard to shrug of, you know?) A few years ago I met an author whose head shots I took and we got to know each other and she is a practicing Voodooist and again, I was interested. We did some candle magic, and she told me who she thought my patron Orisha was, and I went to some rituals (no animals were harmed - we offered up a rotisserie chicken), but it didn’t feel “just right” if you know what I mean. I pulled my Wicca books out and found, yet again, that I feel most at home on that path.

I don’t know if this will help you or not, but my best advice is to explore different paths and stick with the one that simply feels “right” to you. You’ll absolutely know it when you find it. 🙂

~~Merrie

The Law of 3’s, The Golden Rule - same concept, different belief systems. Does that make one wrong?

http://solitaryobservations.blogspot.com

kirkland09-
Newcrafter
kirkland090

Male
Wicca

Ranking
# 54
details
BEST OF THE BEST

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

on: March 22, 2013, 15:39

hi i want to be a druid or warlock but dont know how can you please help me out?

MoonRaven
Newcrafter

Female
Other

Ranking
# 24
details
TOP-50 MEMBER

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

on: March 23, 2013, 12:49

@ kirkland. Since warlock basically means 'twister of the truth' or 'oath breaker' that may be something you want to consider carefully.
As for druid, this is the website for the official Order of Bards, Ovids and Druids http://www.druidry.org/

kirkland09-
Newcrafter
kirkland090

Male
Wicca

Ranking
# 54
details
TOP-50 MEMBER

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

on: May 30, 2013, 16:47

thanks moonraven can you give me some suggestions on anything else because im very confused. if you can get back to me that be great. you can also email me at kirkland090@gmail.com

GoldenGirl
Newcrafter
GoldenGirl

Female
Wicca

Ranking
?
details
TOP-50 MEMBER

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

on: September 12, 2013, 14:29

hi im new to tis but i tihnk this is what is meant for me where do i start how do i find out?

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj, customized by Venditio
Version: 1.0.33; Page loaded in: 0.045 seconds.

We like TheBookOfShadows.net
Search articles from this site
This site operated by The Coven of Tulipisara - Content or opinions presented on this site do not reflect opinions or path of the coven.