Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Incorrect" use of magical tools
shaamangir-
l
Newcrafter
shaamangirl

Female
Shamanism

Ranking
# 15
details
TOP-50 MEMBER

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

Post "Incorrect" use of magical tools
on: January 5, 2013, 20:32

Hi!

What do you think, can a witch use his/her magic staff/wand as a bo staff for bojutsu and vice versa? Can magic tools be used improperly?

piyush
Newcrafter

Male
Other

Ranking
# 25
details
TOP-50 MEMBER

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

Post Re: "Incorrect" use of magical tools
on: February 17, 2013, 16:25

I'll prefer not to. Everything must be used its actual purpose not beyond that.

angelwick
Newcrafter
AngelWick

Male
Other

Ranking
# 42
details
TOP-50 MEMBER

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

Post Re: "Incorrect" use of magical tools
on: April 12, 2013, 16:20

On one hand, I would have to agree with piyush. When you consecrate your magickal tools, you are dedicating them to a specific purpose within your spiritual practices. An athame, while it may be sharp, should only be used for "spiritual" cutting or casting of energies during ritual. A boline should only be used for cutting or preparing ingredients for spells and rituals.

On the other hand, I'm one who has an "arsenal" of magickal tools for various uses. I have several athames that I would use depending on the different aspects and energies I felt a particular ritual needed. I also have several wands/staffs for the same reason. One of my staves is also a walking stick. Think of it as something you might see Galdalf walking around with. It's a mundane tool that is also used to channel magick. If I recall, Gandalf also wielded his sword, Glamdring in several fight scenes, using both his staff and his sword fro striking and his staff for casting.

So, in this respect, but also trying to keep reality and fantasy separated, if you feel that you have a mundane tool that could also be dedicated for a magickal purpose, and it fits within your own beliefs, then go for it. In your Bo Staff example, I would suggest dedicating it for magickal self-defense and protection purposes.

Ultimately though, if you don't think it feels right to have a physical weapon that also has a magickal/spiritual/religious purpose, then simply don't do it.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj, customized by Venditio
Version: 1.0.33; Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.

We like TheBookOfShadows.net
Search articles from this site
This site operated by The Coven of Tulipisara - Content or opinions presented on this site do not reflect opinions or path of the coven.