Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /sites/thebookofshadows.net/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 922

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /sites/thebookofshadows.net/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 922

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "First Generation" practitioners? A question.
Wolfsoul
Newcrafter
Wolfsoul

Female
Wicca

Ranking
?
details

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

Post "First Generation" practitioners? A question.
on: July 17, 2013, 00:00

So, I have a question I'm having a very tough time finding an answer for.
I am what I guess could be called a "first generation" practitioner of Wicca, for no one in my family is Wiccan or Pagan or whathaveyou. Indeed, most of my family (on all sides, mother's, father's and stepfather's) are atheist or agnostic. For now, no one in my family knows I am Wiccan. I wear my pentacle pendant proudly, but as with much of the general public, I am sure many of my relatives believe it is merely a pretty piece of star-jewelry. Certainly none of them have asked me any questions about the pendant.
So, my question (questions, more like) is: How did you tell your families you were Wiccan or Pagan, if you come from a family that is not already Wiccan or Pagan? If they reacted badly, how did you handle it, what did you do? What would be your advice to someone who wants to "come out" to their family as Wiccan or Pagan?
Thank you all so much in advance, blessed be!

- Wolfsoul

Serenity-
Dark-rain
Newcrafter

Female
Other

Ranking
?
details

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

Post Re: "First Generation" practitioners? A question.
on: July 23, 2013, 02:05

All I can say is don't do what I did. I live with my mother and we normally go into in-depth conversations in the car. Well we were arguing about religion and sexuality. In the middle of it I came out. I told her "Yeah well I'm a Pagan Witch. Think I'm going to hell too?". We almost crashed. Mom jerked the wheel to the incoming tragic from shock.
After that we argued for about a month. When she how much this meant to me she started looking into the religion. A month later she sat down with me and just asked question after question. She asked if it was Satanic, if I believed in a higher power, a god/dess, if we killed, divination, and anything else she came across. It took a week of talking but she came around.
Now she asks me questions when she sees me meditating, reading, writing in my B.O.S., or when I am looking for more supplies. She asks me if some things I do has a special meaning and she even is making an effort to celebrate holidays with me. She surprises me every once and a while by bring me home incense, candles, and little odds and ends she thinks I could use.
That's how my coming out went. The best you can do is sit them down and calmly explain to them your path and why it is important to you. Having some material on the subject for them to look through might not hurt either. Best of luck hun.
~B.B.
Serenity

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj, customized by Venditio
Version: 1.0.33; Page loaded in: 0.012 seconds.

We like TheBookOfShadows.net
Search articles from this site
This site operated by The Coven of Tulipisara - Content or opinions presented on this site do not reflect opinions or path of the coven.