Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /sites/thebookofshadows.net/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 922

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /sites/thebookofshadows.net/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 922

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wicca vs. Druidry
Sanne
Newcrafter
Sanne

Female
Druid

Ranking
?
details

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

Post Wicca vs. Druidry
on: June 28, 2013, 14:50

I feel drawn to both of these paths. I am having trouble deciding which one to follow. Can anyone give me some guidance?

Venditio
Administrator
Venditio

Male
Other

Ranking
# 3
details
THE RUNNER-UP

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

Post Re: Wicca vs. Druidry
on: June 29, 2013, 07:39

"Wisest of men do not follow path of others, but create their own"

Administration and helpdesk. If you need help, you can do following:

1. Check FAQ

2. Send a question about the matter using link below
http://www.thebookofshadows.net/forum?mingleforumaction=addtopic&forum=2.0

3. For more private problems with accounts etc, send email
venditio (a.t) thebookofshadows (d0t) net

To send to a correct email address: Copypaste email-address to your email client and replace (a.t) with a @ sign and (d0t) with a dot from it. Also remove any occuring spaces.

Forseti
Newcrafter

Male
Druid

Ranking
?
details
THE RUNNER-UP

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

on: June 30, 2013, 03:11

@ Sanne
One can travel the paths of both 'Wiccan' and 'Druid'. It does not have to be an either/or choice. For myself, I am a Wiccan with Druid leanings.

WiccaPedia
Newcrafter
WiccaPedia

Male
Druid

Ranking
?
details
THE RUNNER-UP

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

on: June 30, 2013, 04:30

I'm an eclectic myself, as it's easy to piece together your own path from what you learn. I have long said there are as many paths as there are travelers. Some of the most obvious distinctions lie in how rituals are performed and how much spellwork is performed. For example, on average, a druid won't perform as much spellwork as a typical wiccan. However, where the wiccan will cast the circle, the druid will not (preferring to allow helpful and benign spirits to pass freely through the space). Anecdotally, I have heard of wiccans going to druid ceremonies and performing the minor pentagram ritual in a bit of a panic when the druids seemed to have "forgotten" to initiate the practice with it. There are some other differences, sure, but those are the most readily obvious. I cast more spells than your average druid does, but I forgo the casting of the circle. However, when a ward is required, I opt for the druid version which is actually rectangular rather than circular. In any case, you can mix and match what works for you.

The information I have presented can be found in a really awesome book by Sutton and Mann called "Druid Magic." Some great stuff in there, actually.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj, customized by Venditio
Version: 1.0.33; Page loaded in: 0.01 seconds.

We like TheBookOfShadows.net
Search articles from this site
This site operated by The Coven of Tulipisara - Content or opinions presented on this site do not reflect opinions or path of the coven.