Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /sites/thebookofshadows.net/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 922

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /sites/thebookofshadows.net/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 922

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: New to all of this. and need a lot of advice.
RavynneWol-
fhaven
Newcrafter

Female
Other

Ranking
?
details

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

Post Re: New to all of this. and need a lot of advice.
on: September 9, 2013, 03:19

Welcome to all of you new to this path. Meditation and spending time soaking up the beauty of nature is a great way to begin. As for ways to learn more I personally find Scott Cunningham a fantastic author and enjoy his book immensely. Being more of a "kitchen witch" myself I love his encyclopedia of magical herbs as well as his book on incenses oils and brews. Dabble in as many areas as you can, find what speaks to you and follow it with all your heart.

Blessed be.

fnpagan
Newcrafter
fnpagan

Male
Wicca

Ranking
?
details

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

on: September 13, 2013, 21:50

I am a newbie to this site as well as a lot of you but I might be able to help you guys grasp some stuff. First thing to remember Wicca is not only a religion it's a lifestyle, and a state of mind. It can not behalf way practiced like some other religions just to call yourself pagan. You must be drawn to it from your soul to fully understand and actively practice. So whee you should start and what you should do, in my opinion, is look inward! Reflect on who you are,who you want to be, and how to get there. Once you know yourself truly then you can learn more about these beliefs and it will all flow right into place.:-) hopefully this helped! Blessed be!

PanGanesha
Newcrafter

Ranking
?
details

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

on: September 3, 2020, 04:53

Hail and Welcome!

Your best bet if you're under 18 is to read a lot of books and watch some YouTubers like Harmony Nice. If you are under the age of 18 in the U.S., no reputable Tradition will teach you nor Coven invite you to join. If you are approached by a Tradition or Coven, they are trying to take advantage of you - possibly and probably sexually. There are predators in the Craft disguised as helpful people.

I recommend "Wicca For The Solitary Practitioner" by Scott Cunningham, "Real Magic" by Isaac Bonewits, "The Spiral Dance" by Starhawk, and "Evolutionary Witchcraft" by T. Thorn Coyle. Do not take ANYTHING you read online (including this post) as being 100% accurate and true. Be wary of any book or website that has "guaranteed" love spells or ways to become rich overnight. Magic is a way to focus intent and call upon big energies to aid you, but all that will be meaningless if you don't take action in the physical world.

Do attend public rituals (or virtual ones during this pandemic) put on by local groups. Read as much as you can - even if you have to hide books from your parents. It can be very hard wanting to practice Wicca without the support of your parents. Know that you are far from alone.

Wicca can open up your worldview to the magic all around you in nature and everyday little things like the purr of a cat or the wagging of a dog's tail. This kind of work can make you spiritually and mentally beautiful, which is far more potent than merely having good looks.

Do your own research. Talk to people you trust about Witchcraft, Wicca, and magic. Look at reviews on Goodreads or read about the authors I mentioned and other "big names" in Wicca - Gerald Gardner, Doreen Valente, Raymond Buckland, Z. Budapest, Silver RavenWolf, Judy Harrow, and Margot Adler.

Find authors whose words resonate with you. Do solitary work like meditation, rituals on the Esbats (Full and New Moons) and the Sabbats -<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_of_the_Year>

NEVER perform spells on people without their consent! Don't, for example, perform spells on people to "make" them fall in love with you. The Threefood Law will bring harm back on you threefold, and nobody wants that.

Best wishes on your journey! Blessed Be!
Pan

Pages: 1 [2]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj, customized by Venditio
Version: 1.0.33; Page loaded in: 0.016 seconds.

We like TheBookOfShadows.net
Search articles from this site
This site operated by The Coven of Tulipisara - Content or opinions presented on this site do not reflect opinions or path of the coven.