Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /sites/thebookofshadows.net/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 922

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /sites/thebookofshadows.net/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 922

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New and Wanting to Learn
KittenFae
Newcrafter

Female
Other

Ranking
?
details

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

Post New and Wanting to Learn
on: July 20, 2013, 00:31

*bows to everyone*
Hello all. I am KittenFae, usually I go by Kitteh, Kitteh or Fae.
I have held in interest in The Craft for several years now, and over those years I have acquired a good number of books, some about Wicca, a magical herb book, a magical candle crafting book....ect. I have read every book I've gotten, some of them I've even read twice. But I am hesitant to start applying the things I've learned.
I do not classify myself as a Wiccan. I personally am not comfortable with using the terms 'God' and 'Goddess' and feel the belief system too restricting for me. I believe in the balancing energies of the world, and am more comfortable with identifying these energies as a YinYang. Instead of sticking to one solid and defined system in The Craft, I prefer to pick and choose things from different cultures and practices, things that fit who I am and want to be as a Witch, and combine them to create my own personal blend of Magick.
Where I am stuck, however, is not knowing where I want to go and how far I can go. I don't know the limits of Magick, and what I can do with it. I have never been able to talk to someone who has been involved in The Craft, so my mind holds some doubts.
I guess what I want to know is how others use Magick in their lives? How do you get over the hesitation and doubt when first starting out?

Serenity-
Dark-rain
Newcrafter

Female
Other

Ranking
?
details

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

Post Re: New and Wanting to Learn
on: July 23, 2013, 03:21

Kitteh
Relax, we all doubt and hesitate in the beginning. Start small and and slowly work up. I started by meditation to center myself and find my core. The next thing I did was energy exercises to learn to sense energy and how it flows. After that I did my first ritual. it was small, just a re-dedication. Cast my circle, lite my candles, invited the elements and god/dess. Through the whole thing I felt shaky that I was doing it right but I also felt it was fine, I was still new at it.
It wasn't until I thanked the elements and god/dess for coming and biding them merry part that I felt presents, I doubted might be there, leave.I could feel them go and I knew I did it right.
After that I found that the only limits I have are the limits I give myself knowingly or unknowingly. I use magick anytime. when I'm cooking, cleaning, afraid, happy, anytime. That's the beauty of magick. There is not limitation.
Hopes that helps even the littlest. Welcome to e-mail or message me anytime you have a question or just want to talk.
~B.B.
Serenity

fnpagan
Newcrafter
fnpagan

Male
Wicca

Ranking
?
details

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

on: September 13, 2013, 21:57

The way you expressed your feelings sounds exactly how Wicca was des divestiture me when I first found it. Take what makes sense leave the rest! Use what works for you! I think your doubt is what's holding you back because your heart already feels it. I can tell by how you feel! Now just relax and let it fill your mind as well! Blessed be!

fnpagan
Newcrafter
fnpagan

Male
Wicca

Ranking
?
details

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

on: September 13, 2013, 21:58

"How Wicca was Described to me" sorry using my phone and the buttons are so small! Lol

kate
Newcrafter

Female
Traditional witchcraft

Ranking
?
details

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

on: September 15, 2013, 14:28

hey

PanGanesha
Newcrafter

Ranking
?
details

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

on: September 3, 2020, 04:36

Howdy! Sounds like you're on the path to become an Eclectic Pagan! Paganism today is a magical buffet; take a little bit of Wicca, a little bit of Druidism, add a scoop of Asatru and maybe some Animism and the Fae and Voila! You've created a customized Pagan belief system that works for you! Fantastic!

Be safe and have fun!

Blessed Be,
Pan

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj, customized by Venditio
Version: 1.0.33; Page loaded in: 0.032 seconds.

We like TheBookOfShadows.net
Search articles from this site
This site operated by The Coven of Tulipisara - Content or opinions presented on this site do not reflect opinions or path of the coven.