Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /sites/thebookofshadows.net/wwwroot/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 922

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How and Why
Serenity-
Dark-rain
Newcrafter

Female
Other

Ranking
?
details

Get better ranking
See the TOP-10

Post How and Why
on: July 23, 2013, 02:50

I am Serenity. I a solitary eclectic witch and my question is how you got to the path you are on and why you chose it.

I grew up Baptist but never felt truly at home in the religion. I remember as a child walking around a church and no matter how light or cheery the inside looked I felt like someone was watching and condemning me where I stood. I never felt like I was welcome. I used to ask questions and no one could give me answers. They all told me to read my bible and pray. I felt alone.
When I found a fiction book on witchcraft it caught my attention. The main character was a girl my age (at the time) and she felt the same thing I did when she was in church. She found a book on Wicca and she felt more at home. That book got me looking into other branches of Christianity and then into Wicca.
I didn't feel better at any other christian gathering but Wicca came close. So close that I though that could be it. The only thing that held me back from being all the way home was the name. I don't know why but I didn't like it.
Witch. I liked that. Pagan. No problem. But Wiccan. No. So I stopped calling myself Wiccan and stopped thinking it too. I started saying and thinking Pagan Witch. That was home.
What about you?
~B.B.
Serenity

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj, customized by Venditio
Version: 1.0.33; Page loaded in: 0.008 seconds.

We like TheBookOfShadows.net
Search articles from this site
This site operated by The Coven of Tulipisara - Content or opinions presented on this site do not reflect opinions or path of the coven.